Error calling subroutine: DSR_IMPPLG (Action=1)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error calling subroutine: DSR_IMPPLG (Action=1)

Post by ccatania »

This is a new installation, no Prior DS version in effect.

In Designer in the Import Plug_in MetaData when I select the Oracle Name I get the following error:

Error calling subroutine: DSR_IMPPLG (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project projname (the connection is broken (81002))

I check the directory path and the project is setup properly, the DS service was stopped and restarted each time I made a change to the dsenv.

The strange thing is when I click 'ok' on the error box, the error appears again this time the action = 2.

Searching the forum for prior posting but no posting for for getting this error while accessing the metadata repository.

I performed the same installation on dev last week and everything is ok with that install.

I compared the pathlib & oracle_home variables and they look the same in dsenv.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you do anything Oracle on this new installation? Meaning, can you View Data via the Oracle Enterprise stage in a PX job or from OCI in a Server job? Trying to determining if your Oracle connectivity is completely hosed or if this is strictly a plug-in metadata importing issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

Craig,

This is a brand new installation I created a test table in the same schema as the metadata repositories is in, however I can't import the table definitions using the Orchestrate schema definitions.

This problem is also in my dev environment, but in dev I can access the table using the Plugin metadata definitions.

Neither one of the table definition methods work in QA.

In toad I can access the table, which confirms my laptop connectivity to the database is good.

Charlie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Charlie, make sure you understand that connectivity from your laptop has no bearing on your ability to access anything from the DataStage server on the UNIX box. Well, except for knowing you've got the userid and password correct. :wink:

Being able to use the 'Plug-in Metadata' stages will be dependant on your configuration of the Server side of the house, while Orchestrate will be dependant on the PX specific configurations that need to be done. Since neither work in QA (which I assume is the new installation we're discussing) what steps did you do there re: the Oracle configuration?

* Made sure there was an Oracle client installed?
* Made sure the proper dsenv changes were made?

If you're unsure about the second part, sometimes it helps to post the contents of your dsenv file here, wrapped in

Code: Select all

tags so the formatting is preserved.

You didn't really answer my question outside of the metadata import part. Can you drop an OE stage in a PX job or an OCI stage in a Server job, put in the basic connectivity information and a minimum of metadata and then 'View Data' from either stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers