datatype equivalent

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinsashi
Participant

datatype equivalent

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
my source is oracle database in that for some fields data type is varchar2.
when i am importing meta data in oracle oci stage in datastage what i have to mention data type in data stage(for varchar2 equivalent datatype is varchar or someother)

Thanks
kamalshil
Participant

Post by kamalshil »

Why you want to manually give it?
You can import metadata through Orchestrate Schema definition utility of datastage and load the same metadata at oracle stage.
kamalshil
Participant

Post by kamalshil »

Why you want to do it manually?
You can import metadata through Orchestrate Schema definition utility of datastage and load the same metadata at oracle stage.
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
I have one table product in oracle database.i have to take this one as a source.how we wil get Orchestrate schema defination. After executing job we wil get orchestrate schema defination from dsx file.before how we will get OSH schema

Thanks
kamalshil
Participant

Post by kamalshil »

vinsashi wrote:Hi,
I have one table product in oracle database.i have to take this one as a source.how we wil get Orchestrate schema defination. After executing job we wil get orchestrate schema defination from dsx file.before how we will get OSH schema

Thanks
No you don't have to take from .dsx file.
When you go on Import Table definition menu there you will find Orchestrate Schema definition utility
use this to import definition and store it in repository.
Then at oracle stage Load this metadata from repository when you are in column tab of oracle stage.
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Hi ,
I have imported that one from osh schema defination.is any differnce when importing metadata from plug-in metadefination and osh schema
Thanks
v..
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

I have imported that one from osh schema defination.is any differnce when importing metadata from plug-in metadefination and osh schema
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Some will tell you the OSH route is 'more accurate' but I don't see how an OSH schema will help you in a Server job, for that importing via the Plug-in Metadata option with OCI is fine. If you like, compare the two and see what (if any) difference there is.

And yes, Varchar covers string fields, including VARCHAR2.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers