Job control fatal error (-14)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yendra
Participant

Job control fatal error (-14)

Post by yendra »

Hi all DS guru, i encounter the following error message on my schedule jobs.

JC_07_USAGE..JobControl (fatal error from DSRunJob): Job control fatal error (-14)
(DSRunJob) Job TR_09_LOOP_CHECK_NEW_USAGE_VAL appears not to have started after 60 secs

Actually the error already start several months ago, and one of my consultant said that the error produce because lack of resource. But if i look the detail the job still running although the error message said it was not run.

Is that correct? Any way to avoid this kind of error?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search would reveal not only the meaning of -14 (which you seem to have discovered) but also the fact that the status reported in Director is not always the real status of the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yendra
Participant

Post by yendra »

ray.wurlod wrote:Search would reveal not only the meaning of -14 (which you seem to have discovered) but also the fact that the status reported in Director is not always ...
Already search and found the other case. Pretty similar.

Is there any way to calculate how much memory that required to run specific job or job sequence? because 4 G seems not sufficient enough
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but not until you upgrade to version 8.1 in which you get both a resource estimator and also a performance analyzer. And, alas, they only work on parallel jobs.

So, probably, no.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.