Datastage Production Error.......

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pr3team
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage Production Error.......

Post by pr3team »

hey

There are some production jobs (Server & Parallel) which Runs every night.....It was running fine for over a month..........

Yesterday night, strangrly 2 jobs aborted stating compliation error.

When i tried to compile the job, i got

Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project XXXXXXX
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

When I serached the forum, there where some suggestion such as DS.Reindex or changing the uvconfig file settings to MFILES=64, T30FILE=512, GLTABSZ=100 and RLTABSZ=100

When i made a copy of job and renamed the original one and ran the copy one, it works fine......

When i complied the original one, same error is coming,,,,,,,any suggestion?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hope you dint run out of project space. The jobs might have got currupted.
You can optinally delete the old jobs and rename and recompile the copy jobs for operations.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pr3team
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datastage Production Error.......

Post by pr3team »

I did it.....but i want to know the cause of the isssue....I did Df-k in the server, but at this moment, nothing is more than 56%......is there any chance tht these spaces dynamacially increase when jobs are running?
Last edited by pr3team on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pr3team
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pr3team »

kumar_s wrote:Hope you dint run out of project space. The jobs might have got currupted.
You can optinally delete the old jobs and rename and recompile the copy jobs for operations.
I did it.....but i want to know the cause of the isssue....I did Df-k in the server, but at this moment, nothing is more than 56%......is there any chance tht these spaces dynamacially increase when jobs are running?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Probably the runtime folders like PHP. But shouldn't affect just two jobs though.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
prasad.bodduluri
Participant

Post by prasad.bodduluri »

If it is windows based severs , restart the serves , i think your issue was solved.
prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Some folders' fullness increases dramatically while jobs are running, particularly those designated as scratchdisk.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.