USER IDS are revoked while running a sequence job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Manu1
Participant

USER IDS are revoked while running a sequence job

Post by Manu1 »

Hi All,

We have a sequence job which has 22 parallel jobs all are being run parallely.Each parallel job would simply extract the data and load it into target table.In this way we are loading all the 22 tables in dev and test environment successfully.

But,when we tried to run the same job after deploying into production,we the userid(With which we are loading the data into target database) is getting REVOKED/DISABLED.

But,when I have run all the induvidually all the jobs ran fine.

Could any one help me i this regard.Also let me know,it is the Problem from Datastage end or Database end.

My target DataBase resides on Mainframes(DB2 V9.1)

Plz let me know if you need any more information from my end.
Manu
Datastage Devoloper
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

My first guess is that you have a limit on the number of concurrent connections on your target machine. Once the limit is reached it counts as a "bad login" and after n-attempts the userid is disabled.
Manu1
Participant

Post by Manu1 »

Hi Andrw,

Thx for u r reply.I got rid of above issue.The Issue arised bcz in env parameters my pwd is not encrypted but in all my individual jobs it is encrypted.
Manu
Datastage Devoloper
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please strive to use a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It helps those whose first language is not English. Mine is, but I still struggled with what you had written.

There is no message limit of 72 or 144 characters here; you can be as expressive as you wish. So SMS-style abbreviations are completely unnecessary.

Do you document your work in this fashion?

(Do you document your work at all?)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Manu1
Participant

Post by Manu1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please strive to use a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It helps those whose first language is not English. Mine is, but I still struggled with what you had written.

There is no message limit of 72 or 144 characters here; you can be as expressive as you wish. So SMS-style abbreviations are completely unnecessary.

Do you document your work in this fashion?

(Do you document your work at all?)
Thanks for your suggestion ray.I am not sure what words in my reply are Problematic for you.I have just used bcz and env(which is known to any datastage person).

Any way thanks once again for your suggestion.I will try to use standard and professional english so that you will not have any problem in future.

But,I do feel that there is more polite way of expressing your problem.The first paragraph is very much sufficient.I do not understand the need in asking me the question Do you document your work at all?

For your kind information I do document my work.
Manu
Datastage Devoloper