Link Count Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arnabdey
Participant

Link Count Issue

Post by arnabdey »

Hi

I have designed a sequence with a server job and a routine. The routine gets me the link counts from the server job using DSGetLinkInfo().

When I manually run the server job and then the routine, the latter runs fine and reports the counts correctly. But when I run them through the sequence, the routine cannot pick up the counts and reports 0.

After this if I run the isolated routine, it again gives me 0. But when I open the job and use "Show Performance Statistics" and then run the routine, it runs fine.

Just to add : My job monitor is running fine.

Please advise on this issue

Thanks
Arnab
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Odd. What exact 8.x version? :?

Sounds like a bug to me that you'll probably need to report to your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Trivial one....but check whether the link information is gathered for the job or for the sequencer.
austin_316
Participant

Link Count Issue

Post by austin_316 »

hi,
we are also facing similar kind of issue in parallel while trying to get the link count using a after job sub-routine. we have given the job name,stagename,linkname as the parameter to the sub-routine and tried to get the count of records passed through that link. We are getting the count properly for most of the jobs. But for some of the jobs it is showing the non-zero value through 'show performance statistics'. But the routine is getting value as 0. when we run it next time without making any changes to the code it is working properly. :?