CRITICAL ERROR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

CRITICAL ERROR

Post by karry450 »

HI There,

My jobs are running fine but my sequence get aborted with the following error can any one help me please.

Job control process (pid 22138) has failed

From previous run
DataStage Job 6 Phantom 22138
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 749, Variable "FIRST.LINE" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 8. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSD.Init at address 76.
Floating point exception
CRITICAL ERROR! Notify the system administrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did this happen only once or is it reliably repeatable?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is a strange error indeed. Does this happen every time or just once? If you reset/compile all your jobs and sequence jobs and perhaps also clean up your logs you might be able to get rid of this error - I took a quick look at my DSD.RUN code and, while I don't have the same location for line 749 it seems as if this variable is set from values read in from the logfile.
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

From where we can see the DSD.RUN code?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't. This is the internal program used to initiate the run of DataStage jobs. It is IBM Intellectual Property.

Therefore you need to involve your official support provider. Most bugs in DSD.RUN involve them sending you a patch consisting of a new version of (the executable of) DSD.RUN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.