Missing Sort Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Missing Sort Stage

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We recently promoted some jobs from our QA environment to PROD and it is failing with:
jbCleanup_Fund_Perfmnc..srtAssetIdSort: No suitable "DSActiveStageC" object of type "sort" found.

The sort stage is not on the pallete either. I tried exporting(from QA) and importing IT in and that did not seem to work.

Any ideas??
Thanks - - John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's an optional plugin that needs to be selected when the Server is installed. I wasn't sure if the export/import of a stage type would actually work or not (never tried it) but it seems that it doesn't. So...

What will work is a 'reinstall' of the Server in Prod. Note I put it in quotes as nothing actually gets reinstalled, when you run the install script it detects a currently installed version that matches its own and goes into maintenance mode. From there, one option is to install any missed plugin stages. This way it gets into all projects including the 'template' project that is used when a new project is created, so that it will be there as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thanks chulett!! After getting through the red tape of getting Admin rights to the box and a copy of the software, it worked just like you stated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

8)
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers