DataStage Server V8.0.1 Installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jammala.ds
Participant

DataStage Server V8.0.1 Installation

Post by jammala.ds »

Hi,

We are installing DataStage Server V8.0.1 and we are stuck up with that in between. The installation continues till 25% and it is not moving further after this. We even tried cleaning up all the earlier installed components and reinstalling, but still the same problem.

Can anybody please help us in avoiding this hang problem and let us know the correct procedure for Server installation?

Thanks,
Krishna
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It might be that you didn't clean up everything from the previous install. I would remove the files and directories and then go through the registry and ensure that all ardent/vmark/ascential references are gone. Also, what is your repository DB and is it on the same machine as the DataStage server.
jammala.ds
Participant

Post by jammala.ds »

Are there any standard folders in the registry, so that we can easily search and ensure the correct cleanup?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes, there are but I'm on a UNIX system here and cannot check, but they will have vmark/ardent/ascential in their name somewhere.
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi,
Ensure that all the folders of WAS,Application Data of Metadata Repository database,root installation folders of previous installation are deleted .Then restart the system.
Before making any changes to registry,please take the backup of it.
I guess the WAS vpd.properties file is not deleted from your machine.Try to delete ,restart the system and try to start a new installation.
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional