dsjob command in V8 is slow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh.mohandass
Participant

dsjob command in V8 is slow

Post by satheesh.mohandass »

our data stage environment running on AIX has both version 7.5.2 and version 8.0 installed.

When i run the dsjob command pointing the environment to 7.5.2 the command runs very quickly and i immediately see the result in console. Whereas when i run the similar dsjob command by pointing the environment to 8.0 the command takes a while to run and display the result.

We have Unix shell wrapper created to run the data stage jobs from command line this shell script executes a series of dsjob command before and after running the data stage job to collect certain statistical information. This set to dsjob command combined all together increases the overall execution time.

Any information on why the delay in running the dsjob command in V8.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Define 'a while'. The (only somewhat) flippant answer is that yes indeed, the same things do take longer in 8.x than 7.x.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
satheesh.mohandass
Participant

Post by satheesh.mohandass »

Hi Chulett,

It takes at least 6 -7 second to run a dsjob command and display the result in version 8.0 than in version 7.5.2
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

satheesh.mohandass wrote:Hi Chulett,

It takes at least 6 -7 second to run a dsjob command and display the result in version 8.0 than in version 7.5.2
Hello,

You may try to contact tech support and check with them about some APAR that fixed part of the dsjob performances issues. They may provides you with some patchs for your version.
For example, in version 8.1 , the APAR JR32406 increases performances by around 30% in our configuration ( AIX 6.1 / 2 CPU Power 6 ).
Regards,

Daniel