Site with similar configurations

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Site with similar configurations

Post by asaf_arbely »

Can any one refer me to a site with the same configurations like us?
Our site configurations are:
IBM information server version 8.1
I want to compare CPU and memory configurations and to consult with similar sites

Thank
Guy smadga
Israel discount bank
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

AIX, being and IBM OS just as DataStage is an IBM product, is one of the more common implementations. For example my current site has 6 LPARs with DataStage V8 ranging from 2-CPU to 16CPU. Many others here on DSXchange will also have AIX installations.
It is difficult to simply compare CPU and Memory sizes, as each project will have been written differently in order to perform different tasks and thus will load up the machines in a different manner. Add the database permutations and you quickly have the situation where, despite similar hardware, you have installations that cannot be compared.
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

What is the ratio between CPU and memory on your site?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Machine A : 10 CPUs 32Gb Memory. Micropartitioning disabled.
Machine B : 4 CPUs 24Gb Memory. Micropartitioning disabled.
Machine C : 8 CPUs 10Gb Memory. Micropartitioning enabled.

All 3 are AIX p-series DS servers with remote repositories and databases. All are used heavily for different DataStage components. Despite the big differences in physical memory they all show similar memory utilization pictures.

This is why I stated that merely listing CPU and memory is not necessarily useful.