Datastage logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikibemech
Participant

Datastage logs

Post by vikibemech »

Hi,

I am able to see logs only for last 10 runs in DS Director. If I want to see the logs for previous day (last before 10 days), please advice the steps to follow.
Vignesh Kumar N
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Most likely you have project-level and/or job-level purging enabled to only keep the last 10 runs. Your first log entry will be an informational one with "auto-purge" somewhere in the text (I'm not at a DS client right now to get the exact syntax). You can override this at the job level in the director by going to Job -> Clear Log and setting the autopurge to a higher value or by turning it off completely for the job in question.
vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

Andrw,

I am not able to see you full comments since I am not a premium member of this forum.
Vignesh Kumar N
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The key point is that DataStage has an auto-purging option, which you probably have turned on; and that was visible in the non-premium portion of the post.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is that your Director log view is filtered (probably to the most recent 100 entries, which is the default filter). If the view is filtered, the word "Filtered" appears in the status bar. Press Ctrl-T or right-click in the log background to gain access to the Filter dialog.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

Will logs be stored anywhere in the server or machine. Is there any possibility to do so.... please advice.
Vignesh Kumar N
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Logs ARE stored on the server machine, in tables in the DataStage repository (I note that you are on version 7).

Job logs are NOT files. They are database tables.

Search for "RT_LOG" to get way too much information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.