Datastage Sequence Jobs-Forced to use Environment Variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

J.Calvo
Participant

Datastage Sequence Jobs-Forced to use Environment Variables

Post by J.Calvo »

Hi, I'll tray to explain:

In our version of Datastage (8.0.1), when we try to use sets of parameters in sequence jobs, the value is lost in the server jobs inside it,

When a job run inside it the value is allways the prefefined for the parameter and not is the correct.
Best Regards,
Jorge Calvo
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... this issue is specific to using parameter sets rather than 'regular' parameters? And by 'lost' you mean they are not passed, the job always takes the default value - is that correct?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Open the job activity and see what the job's parameters are set as. Maybe they are set to default.
J.Calvo
Participant

Post by J.Calvo »

That is the problem, I write the parameters values, in sequential job execution, and in it the parameters would be transferred to the server jobs but that is the bug... it fails.
Best Regards,
Jorge Calvo
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please verify if this is a problem just with parameter sets or if you have the issue with 'normal' job parameters as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
J.Calvo
Participant

Post by J.Calvo »

Ok, chullet, i have now other complicated and important tasks but, if i solve it i'll verify this point. (But With Parameters I think exists the same problem)
Best Regards,
Jorge Calvo