Abnormal termination of stage Jobname.transfermerstahename d

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MURALI123
Participant

Abnormal termination of stage Jobname.transfermerstahename d

Post by MURALI123 »

Hi,

Anybody suggest me how can we slove the below error :

Abnormal termination of stage Jobname.transfermerstahename detected
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, as that just means the job blew up. Got any more details? Also try Resetting the job and post the 'From previous run...' information that adds to the log, if any.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
MURALI123
Participant

Post by MURALI123 »

Hi,
Again i ran the job after reseting the job which shows the same warning.

chulett wrote:No, as that just means the job blew up. Got any more details? Also try Resetting the job and post the 'From previous run...' information that adds to the log, if any. ...
MALLI MURALI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Didn't ask you to run the job again, just Reset it and see if the log entry I mentioned gets added to the log.
-craig

MURALI123
Participant

Post by MURALI123 »

Ya i reset the job again run the job it shows the below warning:

Abnormal termination of stage JobName.TRFNeedProcessing1 detected

Here TRFNeedprocessing1 Is Transformer stage Name

Thanks,
Malli

chulett wrote:Didn't ask you to run the job again, just Reset it and see if the log entry I mentioned gets added to the log. ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

[sigh] So... after resetting, you do not have a log entry that says "From previous run..."?
-craig

vikibemech
Participant

Abnormal termination.

Post by vikibemech »

yes chulet, You are right. We are not ableto rest the job. When we are trying to do so, job is runnign and getting abort. Even I am facing this issue from yesterday. Please advice.
Vignesh Kumar N
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure what you mean... you can't reset a job after it aborts? Why not, what happens when you try? :?
-craig

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Abnormal termination of stage Jobname.transfermerstahena

Post by vivekgadwal »

MURALI123 wrote:Hi,

Anybody suggest me how can we slove the below error :

Abnormal termination of stage Jobname.transfermerstahename detected
Murali,

After any such errors happen, if you simply re-set the job, not run it again, you might get a log of what that error is. If you are having any such error log being documented by the tool, please go ahead and post it so that we can provide an effective solution. If there is no such log generated after re-setting, then it means that some external systems (like Database) is not liking some parameters being passed.

This example is from my experience. A few months ago, I developed a set of jobs that were vigorously tested in Dev and Test environments. One of the jobs was very simple, it was unloading some data into a flat file from an Oracle table. I have given the Transaction size as '10000' and, believe me, there were no issues in Dev and Test. But, as soon as this was moved to Production, the code abended saying this "ABNORMAL TERMINATION OF TRANSFORMER STAGE" error.

We struggled to find out what was causing that error and as part of the testing, I reduced that Transaction size value to 1024. It worked!!!

May be you can try this and see if you have any DB stages in the job and try playing with the parameters within it. It might help you eliminate the problem once and for all!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted