Moving the Hashed file from one project to another project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh_color
Participant

Moving the Hashed file from one project to another project

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi All,

Is there any way to Move the Hashed file from one project to another project. We have a requirement to create a hashed file in one of the environment.So i just created the file.But the actual job that uses the hashed file is in another project. If i want to re-create the hashed file in the same environment i would need 4 to 5 hours of time to create one.

Note:The reason for not creating the same environment is due to the normal production cycle is creating the same hashed file.

This is one of the fix job,for that i need to create the fixhashed file(same name as the production hash),so that the existing production job use that one.

Is there any way to copy the fixhashed file into another environment with different name.

Please let me know if there is any workaround for this situation.

Thanks,
Satheesh
sb2212
Participant

Re: Moving the Hashed file from one project to another proje

Post by sb2212 »

Do you mean to say that you want to move the hashed file from a non protected environment into the production environment? Your question is not clear here.

satheesh_color wrote:Hi All,

Is there any way to Move the Hashed file from one project to another project. We have a requirement to create a hashed file in one of the environment.So i just created the file.But the actual job that uses the hashed file is in another project. If i want to re-create the hashed file in the same environment i would need 4 to 5 hours of time to create one.

Note:The reason for not creating the same environment is due to the normal production cycle is creating the same hashed file.

This is one of the fix job,for that i need to create the fixhashed file(same name as the production hash),so that the existing production job use that one.

Is there any way to copy the fixhashed file into another environment with different name.

Please let me know if there is any workaround for this situation.

Thanks,
Satheesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The amount of work varies depending on how it was created. Pathed? Just copy it. Account-based? Create a VOC record using SETFILE (or a 'do nothing' job) and then copy it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
satheesh_color
Participant

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi Chullet,

It is an account based hashed file.

Thanks,
Satheesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member