All Oracle versions compatible with Data stage 7.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tennetiharika
Participant

All Oracle versions compatible with Data stage 7.1

Post by tennetiharika »

Hello,

We will have to migrate from DB2 to Oracle.The current data stage version is 7.1.Could you please let me know which version(s) of oracle is compatible with DS 7.1?are 10g and 11g compatible with DS 7.1?

Thanks in advance

I Have not failed.I have found 10,000 ways that won't work-Thomas Edison
dinakaran_s
Participant

Re: All Oracle versions compatible with Data stage 7.1

Post by dinakaran_s »

tennetiharika wrote:Hello,

We will have to migrate from DB2 to Oracle.The current data stage version is 7.1.Could you please let me know which version(s) of oracle is compatible with DS 7.1?are 10g and 11g compatible with DS 7.1?

Thanks in advance
Datstage 7.1 can support any version of oracle, if the plugin for that version is there. For ex: Common Oracle OCI stage can be used to connect any version of the oracle database. If you use specific stage to connect teh oracle database, then it might not support new version.

If you use DRS database stage, then the stage will support any version of any database(Oracle,DB2,sybase..etc).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you use the client software your version supports, you should be able to connect to higher versioned databases. From what I recall, 7.1 supports 8i and you'll get 9i and 10g officially supported in the 7.5.x world. I'm not positive if 11g is officially supported yet or not, I can check later.

To confirm - what OCI stage do you have? Is it OCI8 or OCI9?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers