Job aborted without error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jaysheel
Participant

Job aborted without error

Post by jaysheel »

Hi All,

I have a setup of DS Server 8.0 on IBM AIX. The current job which I am talking about reads from a table in MS SQL 2005 and does 2 lookups and populates the result file as a Ebcdic data file which will be used in a mainframe machine. I have used a custom built routine to convert the data into Ebcdic format. This setup was working fine till last week.

From last week I am facing a strange problem. After reading few rows the job is getting aborted. And the strange thing is its not logging any fatal error. Only a warning.

Occurred: 5:58:56 AM On date: 10/5/2009 Type: Control
Event: Starting Job MPS_SA_FEED_INS11. (...)

Occurred: 5:58:56 AM On date: 10/5/2009 Type: Info
Event: Environment variable settings: (...)

Occurred: 5:58:57 AM On date: 10/5/2009 Type: Info
Event: MPS_SA_FEED_INS11..Transformer_21: DSD.StageRun Active stage starting, tracemode = 0.

Occurred: 5:59:03 AM On date: 10/5/2009 Type: Warning
Event: Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage MPS_SA_FEED_INS11..Transformer_21

Occurred: 5:59:10 AM On date: 10/5/2009 Type: Control
Event: Job MPS_SA_FEED_INS11 aborted.

And this job used to run without any problem until last week. The abortion is happening in between after few records and is not constant for each run. So there is no problem in the source query side. If any one can throw some light on this.
- Jaysheel -
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

After you reset the job, do you see an entry like "From previous run" in your log?

If yes, post the message here.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

reset the job and post the contents of the "...from previous run" entry. something is going wrong in your transform stage - is that where you are calling your routine?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you Reset the aborted job, does it add a 'From previous run...' message to the log? If so, please post it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jaysheel
Participant

Post by jaysheel »

Hi All,

Thanks for the hint. In the previous run stuff i foudn that there are some junk data coming and currently i am fixing it. Will mark this topic resolved once I am done with fixing the junk value problem.

Thank you very much !! :D
- Jaysheel -