Compiling DS Jobs through command line

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

msauhta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compiling DS Jobs through command line

Post by msauhta »

Hi,
Is there a way to compile sequencers through command line? I want to selectively pick only the jobs that are in aborted/ finished with warnings state.
Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Those jobs don't need to be compiled, they need to be reset. Anyway, search for dscc here for discussions on this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
msauhta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by msauhta »

chulett wrote:Those jobs don't need to be compiled, they need to be reset. Anyway, search for dscc here for discussions on this. ...
Hi, I can reset the jobs from server ?, i searched for dscc and it seems to be a client utility.
We are planning to have this utility running in production so that it checks for all the master sequencers in the aborted state and resets them
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From the server command line you can use dsjob to both detect and reset jobs. You could also create a job to do the same. For dsjob look into the -ljobs and -jobinfo options and the run mode of RESET, from job control the function DSPrepareJob() will do the 'reset if required' part of the equation.
-craig

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

you cannot do compilation from command prompt in server .dscc is the utility available in client side .
Nag
msauhta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by msauhta »

Hi,
Thanks for all replies, I used the DSRunJob(hJob, DSJ.RUNRESET) to reset all the jobs that were not in DSJS.RUNOK or DSJS.RESET status
It is working perfectly
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Excellent. Please mark the post as Resolved using the button at the top of the page.
-craig