Job control process (pid 17008) has failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job control process (pid 17008) has failed

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Hey All ,

Tried searching for the same error , but not many helpful post. Here is what is happening -

I have sequence job which calls a server job , a routine and then an Email Activity. The functionality is that the server job run populates a sequential file , the routine runs checks if there are rows in the file , if yes then emails the file to the user.

The issue that I am facing is that everytime I run this job I get this error -

"Job control process (pid XXXXX) has failed" after the server job is finished successfully.
Interestingly it does email the file and all the process do run as intended but the overall status of the sequence job is abort because of the above mentioned error.

I am not sure what exactly is failing , I did change the code in the routine copule of times and recompiled it (after I added the same to the sequence) but not sure if that is the issue.

Can you guys please help ? Thanks in Advance.

Deepak.
ORACLE_1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ORACLE_1 »

Any idea guys? I tried resetting the job as well , but did not get any new information in the log.

Thanks !
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, does the Server job run correctly? Is the process failure noted in the Server job's log or the Sequence job's log? Any idea where in the flow that pid is failing or what the pid is associated with?

Perhaps you could ready a telnet windows on the server for something simple like "ps -ef |grep phantom | grep -v grep" and just after launching the job, press enter to run the command. Hopefully you can capture the pid that fails before it fails, may help track down exactly where / why the issue is occuring.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers