czech characters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aoriano
Participant

czech characters

Post by aoriano »

Hi,

I have a SQL server 2000 source database (MS1252) with czech characters in Nvarchar (Unicode) fields.

My target database is a DB2 database (JD Edwards) which allows czech characters.

Here is the global design of the job (simplified) :

Job1 :
ODBC stage on the sql server database (NLS MS1252 with nvarchar fields) --> TRS --> FlatFile 1(NLS MS1252 with nvarchar fields)

Job2 :
FlatFile 1 (NLS MS1252 with nvarchar fields) --> TRS --> FlatFile2 (NLS UTF8) --> TRS --> ODBC stage on the DB2 database (NLS UTF8)

The issue is, I can see the czech characters in the UTF8 flatFile2 with notepad++ (wich allow UTF8 characters) but the czech characters are not inserted in the DB2 database.

The ODBC driver for the DB2 database is IBM iseries.

I don't know what's wrong and how to fix the problem.
Last edited by aoriano on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
aoriano
Participant

Post by aoriano »

Can't anyone help me ?

Please say me if the way I explained my problem isn't clear.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the DB2 database NLS setting - both within DB2 and from your DataStage ENVironment's settings?
aoriano
Participant

Post by aoriano »

The problem is solved.

Even now, I don't know the DB2 NLS characterset as the JDE team couldn't give it to me (sik), I guessed it was NLS as it allowed chinese, japanese, czech characters.

As I wrote, My DataStage NLS was UTF8.

After some exchanges with the Jd Edwards ERP Team it seems this version of Jd Edwards does not allow UNICODE but uses internal conversion tables.

So we just sent hexadecimal data in the DB2 database and a program of the Jd Edwards ERP is in charge of integrating them in JDE format.

Thanks for your reply ArndW