Internal Error: failed to convert date

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rupeshg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rupeshg »

Ascen - How did you manage to resolve the "Internal Error: failed to convert date" issue?

Guys,
I am facing same problem with the installation. I am trying to install Datastage 7.5.2 on Suse Linux Entersrise Server 9. After I enter serial number, expiration date and server codes and doing next(n) I get the following error.

Internal Error: failed to convert date

Press <cr> to continue
Error: Server authorization failed

I am guessing this issue has something to do with the process of writting license keys and expiration date details into Linux system files.

I'll appreciate you help in this matter. Thanks.

Regards
Rupesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try putting the date in in exactly the format given on your licensing documentation. If that doesn't work, try YYYY-MM-DD format for the date.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rupeshg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rupeshg »

Thanks Ray.

I tried all the formats
01/01/2500
2500-01-01
01-01-2500
2500/01/01

Unfortunately nothing worked. However I did one thing that resolved the issue. I deleted dsinstall folder from /tmp and copied the installable package again with binary transfer option. Checked that I have all the read and write permissions on dsadm user folders. Kicked off the installation with ./install.sh -admin dsadm option. This time the installation was successful.

I could not figure out the correct reason for the error as same steps were taken for earlier installation attempts. The error itself was misleading.

Moral of the story, if you are sure Linux server is right, pre-install steps are completed but you still have issues installing the software, than just start the procedure all over again by deleting all the temporary folders those were created during the process. It worked for me!

I raised this issue with IBM Tech Support team and they still haven't got the answer. If I get a different answer from them then I'll post it.

Thanks everyone.

Regards
Rupesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

(... theme from The Twilight Zone...)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.