Warning issue with CFF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning issue with CFF

Post by senthil_tcs »

I have created a job to read ebcdic binary file and convert it to ascii unpacked file. My design of the job as follows

CFF --> Transformer --> Sequential file stage

CFF is reading ebcdic file and is converting it to ascii unpacked file. Job is running fine , but i am getting the following warning message

Complex_Flat_File_Stg: When checking operator: On output data set 0: When binding output interface field "REC_DATE" to field "REC_DATE": Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[8,0]"to result type "string".

How can i overcome this warning message? I tried using type conversion function in transformer, but nothing worked

Thanking you in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the COBOL copybook definition for that column?
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Defination for the column is PIC S9(8) COMP-3
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Sorry, Def for the column is PIC S9(8) COMP-3
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Not sure , instead of no 8, why it is showing one of the emotions,

Defination for the column is PIC S9("8)" COMP-3
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

8) is a smiley, this is one of those times when you need to check the 'Disable Smilies in this post' option. You can go back and edit your posts for that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

And your output is declared as Char(8) or Varchar(8), right? You can demote the warning mesage to informational, or declare the column as decimal or integer and in a later change convert from numeric to string.
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Thanks Craig, i will do that.

Thanks Arnd for your reply. My output is declared as date. Also how can i demote the warning message to informational.

In my job using CFF i have imported cobol def. CFF in turn has done the implicit conversion of col (PIC S9(8) COMP-3) decimal to date and i have mapped the output to Seq file which is a ascii unpacked file.

I am using CFF for the first time, so not sure whether i have missed out on anything.
ArndW
Participant

Re: Warning issue with CFF

Post by ArndW »

senthil_tcs wrote:I...When binding output interface field "REC_DATE" to field "REC_DATE": Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[8,0]"to result type "string".
Are you certain that it is declared as "date"? DataStage cannot convert a number to date implicitly. There are job and project level handlers you can define. Right-Mouse click on the warning message in question the director, then choose ""add rule to message handler".
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Thank you ArndW, my internet was not wrking , so was not able to browse the forum