Datastage Issue when running .bat file form datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

Datastage Issue when running .bat file form datastage

Post by aladap12 »

Hi,

I came up with another issue, I have a sequencer that has Execute command activity as the first step. Here we are calling .bat file that fires ftps script and gets the Input file to datastage stage server.

After this step done sucessfully I have other process to follow.

My problem is when I kicks the Sequencer, It is excuting the .bat file and waiting for the reply.Some times it is waiting for the reply for long time say more time.

I don't know where the problem is (either with datastage or .bat file).

Here I am looking for a solution like is there any way where we can tell the datastage like if it is waited for the response form the script for more than 20 mins I need to abort the job send a notification..

Is this possible in datastage . If yes kindly provide me the possible solution.

Thanks
VKR
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. You can, I would wager, fix your batch file so it doesn't "hang up". Typically, that means it has stopped to ask for permission to do something and that question never gets answered. If you would be willing to post your batch file (wrapped in

Code: Select all

tags!)[/i] we could see if we can spot the problem for you.

Any idea when / under what circumstances it hangs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

chulett wrote:You can, I would wager, fix your batch file so it doesn't "hang up". Typically, that means it has stopped to ask for permission to do something and that question never gets answered.
Craig is correct. I ran into a similar issue at one point of time during development. My shell script was running fine, but there is this one scenario that it was not handling, which required some kind of input from the script and it is not doing so. This was the reason why my DataStage job which calls this script was in a running state for a long time. I spotted it and fixed it immediately.
So, my suggestion is to look into your Batch script and see if you are having a similar situation as mine!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted