Lookup Job aborting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chitravallivenkat
Participant

Lookup Job aborting

Post by chitravallivenkat »

Hi,

Lookup Job is aboring by the fatal error "GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForFormatJobs..HashLookups.IDENT1: |-100|".

Structure of the job:

The job has only one OLEDB stage and one Hash file stage with 15 links. Out of 15 links, 9 links connecting to same table by different queries.

Other links are connecting to different tables.

Message by reset:

I got the message below from the previous run after reset.

From previous run
DataStage Job 304 Phantom 2192
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged.
Program "DSD.WriteLog": Line 250, Abort.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForFormatJobs..HashLookups.IDENT3

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 1

I could not identify the root cause of this problem.

could you please help me to rectify this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkat
chitravallivenkat
Participant

In addition to the above message..,

The job is extracting the data from SQL database and inserting into Hash file for lookup.

Regards,
Venkat
jcthornton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jcthornton »

If you break down the job by link, does it work? I mean, if you make a copy of the job and remove all but 1 link, does it work as expected?

Have you tried doing this for each of the 15 links?

If you have, have you broken it down by source table (remove all links except the ones that correspond to a single source table)?

Rinse and repeat with more and more of your links until you find when/where it fails. That should permit your troubleshooting to move forward.
Jack Thornton
----------------
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation - Robert H. Schuller
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Thanks Jack. I will test the job by breaking the link one by one. I hope this will help to help to find out the problem to some extent.

Regards,
Venkat
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Hi Jack,

If there are more than 2 links, it aborts by throwing the following warning messages

GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForFormatJobs..HashLookups.IDENT1: Failed to read the row.

GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForFormatJobs..HashLookups.IDENT1: OLE DB provider error HRESULT=0x80004005.

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForFormatJobs..HashLookups.IDENT1

Is this giving any clue?

Regards,
Venkat
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a problem with the OLEDB provider. Prove this a follows. Create a job with an OLEDB stage and an output link from it. Populate all required properties then View Data. You will get similar error messages. Since there are no other stages in the job, the OLEDB stage is clearly the culprit. Verify your OLEDB connection string and, if that's correct, verify the underlying OLEDB configuration settings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Ray,

This works when a job has only two links. If we include more than 2, it aborts after few minutes which means after reading hundred thousands of rows.

Regards,
Venkat
chitravallivenkat
Participant

chitravallivenkat wrote:Ray,

This works when a job has only two links. If we include more than 2, it aborts after few minutes which means after reading hundred thousands of rows.

Regards,
Venkat
It does not throw the error in all the links. it throws any one of the links.
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Hi,

Thanks Guys for your support.

This problem got resolved after applied microsoft patch mentioned in this URL - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942861

Thanks,
Venkat