How to Stop DataStage Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

How to Stop DataStage Job

Post by aladap12 »

Hi All,

I tried to run before job subroutine ExecDos that kicks of .bat file which will do ftps process.(we can not use ftp stage)

I ran the datastage job, it is started but not finished,when I checked the Log it shows me like only 3 entries.

The job is still running since last two hours. when i try to stop from director
it not stopping the job,insted it say me like 'request send to server'

Could you suggest me how to stop this job .

Thanks
VKR
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "stop" request is just that; the job needs to be checking for this flag to be set. Since it is executing within the before-job portion it won't get this signal. You will need to kill the process running the .bat file from outside of DataStage.
aladap12
Participant

Thanks for the response

Post by aladap12 »

ArndW wrote:The "stop" request is just that; the job needs to be checking for this flag to be set. Since it is executing within the before-job portion it won't get this signal. You will need to kill the process running the .bat file from outside of DataStage.
Hi,

We ran the .bat script out side the datastage,But it still show me in the director as that jobs in running state.
Is there any other way to stop that jobs..

Thanks
VKR
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

That is mutually exclusive and completely unrelated.
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Go to DataStage Director under the Job tab Click on cleanup process locate your job process id and kill it.Then go to the job tab again and click on clear status file which will reset your job status and would remove the present running status.
aladap12
Participant

I did not get you

Post by aladap12 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:That is mutually exclusive and completely unrelated. ...
Excuse me! I did not get you

VKR
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Running the ftp batch script outside DataStage will not in any way impact DataStage job status.

PS : Assuming that it does not call any datastage component from within.