Datetime field overflow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arnie_nits
Participant

Datetime field overflow

Post by arnie_nits »

Hi,
I am getting this err:
Load_IPNA_Sample_insert..Transformer_36: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Datetime field overflow.

Please explain what might have caused it.....I checked several times but unable to figure....especially when more that half of the records got inserted with the same kind data....(I got two timestamp fields, one from the source and the other I have hardcoded some default value)

Thanks
Arnie.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check the records that did not get inserted, see what the timestamps look like on those records. Use a reject link to capture them if need be, write the timestamp to a varchar there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

Thanks for the reply....

what I observed is very starnge...

2008-09-04 07:57:00.00 is getting converted to 2008-09-04 07:57:00.000000......althougt there were no transformations involved...just straight moved in the transformer.....

Thanks
Arnie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

SQL Server includes milliseconds from what little I know. What is the actual target data type for that field in the table itself?
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

data type is Timestamp 23,3......

any way to remove the millisecs....?? But the target is seq file here (intermediate job),so I guess the millisecs getting added in the transformer...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be able to match that in the job, I believe, that or trim off the 'extra' milliseconds. 2008-09-04 07:57:00.000 would not overflow.
-craig