Delete a project in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rocoisland
Participant

Delete a project in Datastage

Post by rocoisland »

Hello,

forgive me because my English is a bit bad.

I have a problem. When creating a project with DataStage program I'm stuck, so to restart DataStage tube, but when trying to create the same project with the same name, tells me that name already exists and can not create it, but in the directory linux does not appear anywhere, can someone advise me how to delete it permanently?

Thanks.
Last edited by rocoisland on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, your DataStage server is installed on Linux rather than Windows? That OS: prompt where you put 'Windows' as the answer is meant to be for your Server as we know all clients are Windows clients.

In any case, there were ways to fix the "schema" issue you have now in the past with earlier versions but with 8.x that information is stored in multiple locations so not sure that earlier advice still applies in all cases. Probably best to contact your official support provider and have them help you fix it. And, of course, post back here with what actually fixed it.

I'll see if I can find the "fix schema" syntax later, in case it helps, but don't remember it right now. Perhaps someone else can find / post / link to it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rocoisland
Participant

Post by rocoisland »

chulett wrote:So, your DataStage server is installed on Linux rather than Windows? That OS: prompt where you put 'Windows' as the answer is meant to be for your Server as we know all clients are Windows clients.

In any case, there were ways to fix the "schema" issue you have now in the past with earlier versions but with 8.x that information is stored in multiple locations so not sure that earlier advice still applies in all cases. Probably best to contact your official support provider and have them help you fix it. And, of course, post back here with what actually fixed it.

I'll see if I can find the "fix schema" syntax later, in case it helps, but don't remember it right now. Perhaps someone else can find / post / link to it.
The operating SITEMA this linux server is installed and the version of DataStage is 8.1.1.

I will try to open a support ticket with IBM, to see if they give me a solution.

With what I'm told I'll leave it on the forums.

Thank you very much.