metadata data mismatch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijay.barani
Participant

metadata data mismatch

Post by vijay.barani »

Hi Friends,
I have an issue.I have 2 jobs,In one job i loaded a hash file(HF1).In another job i am trying to fetch data from the hash file(HF1) into another hash file(HF2) for a lookup.Now when I tried to view the data in HF2,My data with the metadat is not matching.Could naybody tell me where i went wrong,Please
Warm Regards,
Vijay
vijay.barani
Participant

Post by vijay.barani »

Forgot to say one more thing.
There are 6 columns in HF1,out of which I am using one 3(1,2,4)columns only in HF2.I am getting 3rd column's data in 4thcolumn(When viewed in HF2).
Warm Regards,
Vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't do what you are doing with HF2 without a much better understanding of the fact that hashed files are metadata driven and how the columns are positional and thus don't operate like database tables. You are going to get yourself in trouble if you make a habit of writing to one with one set of metadata and then attempting to read it back with another.

Best to read all columns and just 'drop' the unwanted ones from the stream right after the read.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vijay.barani
Participant

Post by vijay.barani »

chulett wrote:You can't do what you are doing with HF2 without a much better understanding of the fact that hashed files are metadata driven and how the columns are positional and thus don't operate like database tables. You are going to get yourself in trouble if you make a habit of writing to one with one set of metadata and then attempting to read it back with another.

Best to read all columns and just 'drop' the unwanted ones from the stream right after the read.
Thanks Chullet,
I got it.
Warm Regards,
Vijay