Counting number of row level constraints used in a Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Django
Premium Member
Premium Member

Counting number of row level constraints used in a Job

Post by Django »

Hi,

I have a requirement for counting the number of row level constraints used in transformer for a complex datastage server job. Kindly let me know if there's any way to get the count.

Thanks in advance
Django
If a simple dsx project requires such intelligence how much more is required to create this Cosmic System. Who dares to say there is no intelligence behind this creation i.e. no GOD .....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you mean how many stage output links have constraints or how many rows go through those constraints at runtime?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Open the job, open each transformer and count. You did say "a" job, after all.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Django
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Django »

I have to count the number of stage output link which has constraints.

ArndW wrote:Do you mean how many stage output links have constraints or how many rows go through those constraints at runtime? ...
Django
If a simple dsx project requires such intelligence how much more is required to create this Cosmic System. Who dares to say there is no intelligence behind this creation i.e. no GOD .....
Django
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Django »

We are trying to come up with a datastage job which can study any other complex server job.

For Example:
To find the number stage variables used in a job.
"DSGetStageInfo(hJob,stagename,DSJ.VARLIST)" function can be used in the Job Control to get the list of stage variables.

Now my requirement is to get the count for row level constraints used in the job.

chulett wrote:Open the job, open each transformer and count. You did say "a" job, after all.
Django
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would export the jobs and do a string search. Otherwise you will need to learn the repository tables.
Mamu Kim