the primary key, unique constraint or unique index

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MURALI123
Participant

the primary key, unique constraint or unique index

Post by MURALI123 »

Hi All,
I am getting the below warning can anybody suggest me how to slve the below warning?

SQL0803N One or more values in the INSERT statement, UPDATE statement, or foreign key update caused by a DELETE statement are not valid because the primary key, unique constraint or unique index identified by "1" constrains table "xxx.xxx" from having duplicate rows for those columns. SQLSTATE=23505
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This is a basic database function. You are most likely doing an INSERT on a record that already exists.
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Marley777 »

In the log we don't see data providing hints for which record is causing the abort. How can we ask DataStage to put to the log all records that are violating the duplicate keys contraints?
rohit1231
Participant

Post by rohit1231 »

Is this the exact message from the DataStage Log File that you've shared :?:

Just curious as I've always had DataStage returning the data record on unique constraint violation errors in the log file :)

In addition to this, what is the unique constraint (being violated) definition on the database object ?

Also, do you have a limit defined on the warning messages that can be logged by DataStage in the log files before the job aborts ?

Can you also share a high level design of your job ?
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Marley777 »

We are having this issue with our PX jobs, but works for our server jobs. When a server job aborts due to a duplicate key contraint we see in the log the record that caused the error, but don't in a px job. I will post this under the px forum.