Mulriple excel sheets, multiple table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

laiko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mulriple excel sheets, multiple table

Post by laiko »

Our user have to drop 5 excel files. Each file loads to its corresponding table. Now, they wanted to have one excel file with 5 different sheets instead for their ease of maintenance. How is it possible (without manual intervention) that I load each sheet to a different table? Or any workaround you can think of? Thank you.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This is an ODBC definition issue, i.e. how do you tell an ODBC connection to go to a specific Excel tab. As far as I know, it cannot be done.
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Converting 5 sheets to 5 different CSV files ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Using ODBC each worksheet in a workbook is a separate (system) table. Your DSN points to the workbook and you can import table definitions and otherwise work with the individual worksheets as separate tables.

The ODBC driver has its own restrictions, mainly that the worksheet be in tabular format and first line must be (legal) column names.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.