Dissapearing Log entries ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Dissapearing Log entries ?

Post by kaps »

I am facing a strange problem in DataStage Director. All the log entries are gone suddenly.

When I check the Clear Log settings it says immediate purge. I don't know how it became immediate purge as the set up in
Administrator is Auto Purge for 20 runs. It happens irrespective of the envirionment meaning I don't find logs any projects (Dev , Test and Prod)

I am trying to change it to Auto Purge but it's not taking it meaning when I open next time it shows immediate purge again. More weird is that even If I start a job now I can't see any log for that.

What could be the reason for sudden dissappearance of logs and how can I change the setting on a project basis ?

Thanks for your time
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Immediate Purge is always the default when you do that manually. When you select 'Auto-purge' does it show that "Enabled for this job" is checked?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem. It's to do with Filter option in Director. It got changed to Day option from olderst to newest.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... that pesky Filter will do that to you if you don't notice it's on. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's why the word "Filtered" appears in the status bar.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.