admin tasks

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

admin tasks

Post by mystuff »

I was going through list of datastage admin tasks and came across some tasks which are new to me.

a) shared memory locks - how can we detect/clear shared memory locks by datastage
b) internal registry and external registry security settings (such as LDAP)
c) regular backup (does this mean only 4 files - VOC, dsenv, uvconfig, .odbc.ini or are there any other files as well)
d) How can we monitor network usage by datastage applicaton
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

a) I would not put this down as an admin task. Enable the deadlock daemon and then all you'll have to say when a lock pops up is "Please wait up to 15 minutes and the system will clear the lock automagically".
b) I don't know.
c) No, that is not quite enough. If you do a complete export of all your jobs in all projects then those files plus perhaps the odbc.config file in each project should be enough to let you recover quickly.
d) Since you are on Server, I will assume that network usage is limited to your client connections. Those processes are easy to define from UNIX and you can use your favorite tool to analyze the results. I place client network usage very low on my list of priorities.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Include DSParams and .*.adm from each project in your list of files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.