Upgrade DataStage Server to lastest version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Upgrade DataStage Server to lastest version

Post by jnguyen »

Hi,

We are still using DS server version 7.5.1.A.

Could someone help me that what is the benefit of upgrading DS server version 7.5.1.A to newest version? What is the lastest DS server version?

And if we upgrade to newest version, do we have to convert all the projects that written under the old version into the upgraded version?

How about all the service pack that we have installed on the V.7.5.1.A? Do we have to re-install them?

I know that would be a big research but I would hope to have a high level of benefits and usages for the upgrading.

I appreciated for you help.

John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Latest version" of 7.x, meaning upgrading to 7.5.3? Or latest version as in going to 8.1 with its completely different architecture? Big difference there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dlai74
Participant

Post by dlai74 »

chulett wrote:"Latest version" of 7.x, meaning upgrading to 7.5.3? Or latest version as in going to 8.1 with its completely different architecture? Big difference there. ...
Hi I am also figuring out whether I need to reinstall if I want to upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3. Anybody know the method for upgrading from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3? Thanks a lot.
David Lai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Easiest way is to simply install 7.5.3 over the top of your 7.5.1 installation and it will automagically upgrade everything. Make sure you have backups just in case! :wink:

Or you could install 7.5.3 on a new server and then do a full Import of the 7.5.1 jobs into it but generally it is a very easy and painless 'upgrade in place'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dlai74
Participant

Post by dlai74 »

chulett wrote:Easiest way is to simply install 7.5.3 over the top of your 7.5.1 installation and it will automagically upgrade everything. Make sure you have backups just in case! :wink:

Or you could install 7.5.3 on a new server and then do a full Import of the 7.5.1 jobs into it but generally it is a very easy and painless 'upgrade in place'.
Thanks a lot!! I am upgrading existing server, if I can simply overwrite it without removing the old image, then it saves me a lot of time as I don't need to reimport all the existing projects, thanks.
David Lai