CRITICAL ERROR!!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

CRITICAL ERROR!!!!

Post by karry450 »

Hi There,

I have four jobs in a sequence and when I run the sequence all the jobs with in ran successfully but the sequence failed with the error shown below.

Job control process (pid 13007) has failed

From previous run
DataStage Job 202 Phantom 13007
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 8. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSD.Init at address 76.
Floating point exception
CRITICAL ERROR! Notify the system administrator.

Can anyone help me regarding this please.

Thanks
karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Floating point exceptions are very rare in the DataStage run machine. The fault type reported is actually the UNIX signal number (8 = SIGFPE, or floating point exception).

The problem may be in your code and its interaction with your data. For example an attempt to divide a floating point number by zero will cause a floating point exception. Check out this Wikipedia entry for more information about SIGFPE.

If you don't think it's in your code/data, you will need to involve your official support provider.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

Re: CRITICAL ERROR!!!!

Post by LavanyaRamesh007 »

karry450 wrote:Hi There,

I have four jobs in a sequence and when I run the sequence all the jobs with in ran successfully but the sequence failed with the error shown below.

Job control process (pid 13007) has failed

From previous run
DataStage Job 202 Phantom 13007
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 8. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSD.Init at address 76.
Floating point exception
CRITICAL ERROR! Notify the system administrator.

Can anyone help me regarding this please.

Thanks
karthik
Usually Phantom error is caused by any abnormalities in Datastage. When DS finds when the job you are running has anything unusual, abruptly the job aborts.
Reexamine everything job, check out partitioning, environmental parameters. It might help you to debug the job
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Floating point exceptions are very rare in the DataStage run machine. The fault type reported is actually the UNIX signal number (8 = SIGFPE, or floating point exception).

The problem may be in yo ...
Can you please help me with full message I cant view I dont have the membership.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Something that says "CRITICAL ERROR! Notify the system administrator" should be reported to your admin and then they in turn will need to contact your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

karry450 wrote:Can you please help me with full message I cant view I dont have the membership.
No, because that would create a precedent of undermining a source of revenue that keeps DSXchange alive.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c (Rs12) per day.

If that's too much then, well, you ARE paying for support - why not demand some?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:
karry450 wrote:Can you please help me with full message I cant view I dont have the membership.
No, because that would create a precedent of undermining a source of revenue that keeps DSXchange alive.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c (Rs12) per day.

If that's too much then, well, you ARE paying for support - why not demand some?
I would definitely buy one but it takes some time for me .

Thanks