DataStage Job 195 Phantom 16230

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

Hi Friends,

Im getting this error where do I look for line 315 and how can anyone help me please.

From previous run
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged.
Program "DSD.WriteLog": Line 315, Abort.

Thanks
prasad.bodduluri
Participant

Post by prasad.bodduluri »

you can increase ipc stge buffer size try once, i think it will solve your problem
prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't. DSD.WriteLog is an internal routine (this is indicated by its "DSD" prefix).

You look at the arguments you gave to whatever it was that you used to write an entry into the log (for example DSLogInfo() in a routine), or you involve your official support provider because there may be a bug in the way some stage/link property problem is invoking DSD.WriteLog.

If you reset the job, there may be a "from previous run" event logged that may provide additional diagnostic information.

Finally, it just may be the case that your log (hashed file) has become corrupted, perhaps because it reached the limit of 2GB.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

prasad.bodduluri wrote:you can increase ipc stge buffer size try once, i think it will solve your problem
:?:
Why do you think that changing buffer size on an IPC stage will affect log writing behaviour?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

prasad.bodduluri wrote:you can increase ipc stge buffer size try once, i think it will solve your problem
Hi There,

Can you please tell me where can i find ipct stage buffer size, Im writing flat file to oracle using bulk loader
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You don't. DSD.WriteLog is an internal routine (this is indicated by its "DSD" prefix).

You look at the arguments you gave to whatever it was that you used to write an entry into the log (for exam ...
Hi wurlod I know I dont have membership I will buy one very soon can you post your message in full I cant read it because I dont have membership

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first requirement is that you have an IPC stage in your design. I don't think you do.
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The first requirement is that you have an IPC stage in your design. I don't think you do. ...

I have enabled row buffer and selected inter process for the job and alos increase the buffer size to 500 kb still there is the same problem can anyone help me please
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your problem has nothing whatsoever to do with buffer sizes. It has something to do with writing to a job log.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As Ray has already stated (twice) in this thread, the IPC subsystem is not involved. Is your project directory full? Is the log file somewhat over 2Gb large? If neither, then perhaps the file is corrupted.
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ArndW wrote:As Ray has already stated (twice) in this thread, the IPC subsystem is not involved. Is your project directory full? Is the log file somewhat over 2Gb large? If neither, then perhaps the file is corru ...
Hi there,

Can you please let me know how to involve the IPC subsystem Im new to admin tasks.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

this has NOTHING to do with IPC (4th time it has been stated in this thread)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Forget that error and post whatever error(s) failed your job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your job failed when attempting to write to a log.

What error message was generated?

How large is the log for the job?