Annotation and Description Annotation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reachmexyz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Annotation and Description Annotation

Post by reachmexyz »

Hello All

I have a strange problem.
All these days i have developed jobs and created annotations and description annotations for each job.
One fine day, i have to remove the datastage from my system and reinstall.
After the reinstallation, both Annotation and Description Annotation are not highlighted in Palatte under General.
So i cannot see any annotations for my old jobs.
How can get back both of these. Please help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't check right now but from what I recall, there's a Designer option to not display these. Also note that once you add a 'Description Annotation' to a job, that option will be disabled when that job is open as only one is supported per job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
reachmexyz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by reachmexyz »

Thanks
I found out .
On the toolbar of Designer, there was a icon with symbol (A) named Toggle Annotations. This can be used toggle and not the toggle the anotations.
sd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version 8.1 annotation grayed out

Post by sd »

In version 8.1 the icon to toggle annotations on and off is a pencil.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

A little extra info on this topic... a colleague just had a very similar problem where Annotations were not showing up on his jobs, and the Annotation and Description Annotation stages were disabled on the Palette. I showed him the Toggle Annotations button, and that fixed the first half of the problem, but both the stages were still disabled. He fixed it by removing them from his Palette and then adding them again.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant