Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job

Post by karry450 »

Hi Friends,

I have migrated a job and a routine to DS 8.1 from DS 7.5.2, When Im trying to run the job with hard coded values of database the job is running successfully. But when I pass the database parameters thru a file by calling before job subroutine the job is failing and logs show much details expect

Warning: Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job xxxx_job..BeforeJob

just to inform you the job and routine compile successfully in DS 8.1 and the job was working fine in DS 7.5.2 can any one help me regarding this please....

Thanks
Karthik
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Details please! How exactly are you 'passing' the parameters thru a file?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

do a "reset" on your job and then look at the entry "from previous run...". Most likely your before job code (perhaps the job control) is calling things that don't exist or haven't been loaded into the new environment.
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

chulett wrote:Details please! How exactly are you 'passing' the parameters thru a file? ...
Im calling a before job subroutine and that inturn looks for a file
karry450
Participant

Post by karry450 »

ArndW wrote:do a "reset" on your job and then look at the entry "from previous run...". Most likely your before job code (perhaps the job control) is calling things that don't exist or haven't been loaded into th ...
Thanks a lot I have done resetting that showed me the error my before job routine is looking for tranform function which was not migrated from DS7.5.2 to DS8.1 .

Now my job is working fine