Projects not getting reflected in UNIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

Projects not getting reflected in UNIX

Post by karry450 »

Hi friends,

I managed to login as administrartor in 8.1 and created a project but the same project is not getting reflected in UNIX server.

can anyone help me on this.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If the project was successfully created in the Administrator the the UNIX directory structure will have been populated. Unless you can explain the problem in more detail it will be difficult to help solve your problem.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

If you login to Admin again, can you see the Project ?

What is the location where you have created ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the Administrator client, select the project from the list of projects. At the bottom of the window (which may take a few seconds to refresh) will be the UNIX location of that project's directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suresh.angadi
Participant

Re: Projects not getting reflected in UNIX

Post by suresh.angadi »

Hi Karry,

since it is in datastage 8.1, i think (not sure) you can't see the directory in the unix because till datastage 7.5 repositary will be in the unix file strecture, and datastage 8 onwards repositary will be in the database.

can you able to login to that project using datastage designer or datastage director?

Regards
Suresh R Angadi
karry450 wrote:Hi friends,

I managed to login as administrartor in 8.1 and created a project but the same project is not getting reflected in UNIX server.

can anyone help me on this.

Thanks
Suresh Angadi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Projects not getting reflected in UNIX

Post by ray.wurlod »

suresh.angadi wrote:since it is in datastage 8.1, i think (not sure) you can't see the directory in the unix because till datastage 7.5 repositary will be in the unix file strecture, and datastage 8 onwards repositary will be in the database.
That's just wrong.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Well, there are elements of truth in the statement, i.e. that parts of the repository that used to be in DataStage hashed file are now also in the database repository, but there will still be a a directory structure on UNIX.