New EtlStats soon

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marc_brown98
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by marc_brown98 »

Kim,
Does etlstats work on ver 8?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I am told it works with small changes. Vincent got it to work. Not sure what he had to change.

Version 8 does not require this job. It has a way to autoatically generate the xml file for each job run then process these files. Not sure all the steps.

Need somebody with v8 access to explain the details.
Mamu Kim
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I got it working on version 8.1 by following the instructions - I ran the UV commands through the Administrator Command line interface, I changed the job parameters to my directories, emails and database login details. I had to replace the database stages because they didn't work in my environment.

I have tried out the 8.1 operational metadata and while the collection process is good and easier to setup than ETLStats I am finding the reporting options limited. Be interested to hear how other people have gone.
sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sbass1 »

(I have watched the video and read the install instructions, plus searched on "ETLStats" before posting...)

Quick questions about ETLStats:

1) Can I install the jobs into their own project, then report on all the other projects? Or do I have to install the ETLStats jobs in each project on which I want to report? It would be cool to just install once, then be able to report on any (desired) projects.

2) But I assume I would still create the sub-directories (Copy2ProjectDir) under each project?

3) Can I write all stats for all desired projects into a single database, then filter on the project for my desired reports?

4) I'm installing on Unix, target database is SQL Server. Any gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Scott
Some people are the Michael Jordan's of Datastage. I'm more like Muggsy Bogues :-)
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

1) Can I install the jobs into their own project, then report on all the other projects? Or do I have to install the ETLStats jobs in each project on which I want to report? It would be cool to just install once, then be able to report on any (desired) projects.

Maybe. You could probably get the row counts this way but the jobs that extract metadata from the job designs will never work this way.

2) But I assume I would still create the sub-directories (Copy2ProjectDir) under each project?

For row counts this might not be necessary. For all the other jobs included then you need these.

3) Can I write all stats for all desired projects into a single database, then filter on the project for my desired reports?

Does this now. Project name is a column in the tables. We added server name so we could get row counts on all DataStage servers. Not sure if that is in the download. Maybe included.

4) I'm installing on Unix, target database is SQL Server. Any gotchas I should be aware of?

No. Just need a DSN to point to SQL Server. All jobs use ODBC connections to easily switch databases. DDL for SQL Server is included.
Mamu Kim