FTP plug in not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vikas Jain
Participant

Re: FTP plug in not working

Post by Vikas Jain »

Hi,
The error you are getting tells me that there is some problem with the server name/ path provided. It can also relate to the login info being passed to the ftp stage. Kindly reconfirm that all the login details and ftp serever name/ url are right.
-Vikas
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are using the default port, try entering just the minimum values - userid/pwd and server name.
shepli
Participant

Post by shepli »

Hi Vikas and ArndW,

Thank you for your response.
Here is what I did: I have the Server Name and login info in a text file, copy/paste the values to DS FTP plug-in and Filezilla at the same time. While the Filezilla works fine, the SD FTP plug-in is not working.

FYI: when I saw that Filezilla automatically added "ftps://" in front of the Server Name, I tried the same on DS FTP plug-in. The result is that I got an error message "Test_FTP..FTP_1: Connection to the remote host's FTP server failed, host name not found". I think this indicates the Server Name I used before is correct and, obviously, I don't need to added "ftps://" to the plug-in.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns. Thanks,

shepli
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Correct, normal ftp is communicated with by just using the server name and doesn't use a URL.

Have you tried connecting to the FTP server from a DOS window using the "ftp" command?
shepli
Participant

Post by shepli »

I just found out that the account on the remote server will accept connections from an SSL capable FTP client only. Does anybody know whether the DS FTP plug-in is SSL capable? If not, is there any way configure it SSL capable?
Thanks in advance.

shepli
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, in other words SFTP. Unfortunately, the answer is "no" until you get to the 8.x release so you'll need to script the transfer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers