can i generate reports

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

can i generate reports

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

I want to keep track of the rejected records at the source which is called quality reports and error reports which are generted by using transformation ,the rejected records at the transformation .So Can all the reject records be maintained in these two report files ,if yes how could it be done.
Thanks
sunitha
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Where do you get these questions ?
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

I don't have special books to follow ,these r my client's reqiremnt when using large volume of data
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

use reject links at source and at the transformer .This way you can capture the bad & rejected data .
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Right... use links from the transformers to capture both logical and/or physical rejects and then transform/land them after that any which way you like.

By 'logical' I mean records you reject before the target using constraints, 'physical' would be ones the target rejected and barfed back up. Be aware that the latter will typically abort your job so are best to avoid (or handle logically) if at all possible.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers