Could not find DateGenericToTimeStamp routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Could not find DateGenericToTimeStamp routine

Post by hsahay »

We got a strange problem when we exported and imported whole project from one environment to other environment.

This is a problem with DateGenericToTimeStamp routine

we are able to see this routine in Routines/sdk/Date/DateGenericToTimeStamp in repository.

but when we try to use that routine in job in tranformer using

Rightclick-->DSRoutines-->Sdk--Date

we could not find that routine in the list provided hence we could not use that routine.

How can it be that it is showing in repository but not showing while using transformer?

This is the job imported from other environment where it was working fine and in the new environment it is not able to find the DateGenericToTimeStamp routine, and hence the derivation part of field in which the routine is used is showing error(red)

i searched the forum but could not find anything

please help us in this regard

thanks in advance
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not strange at all. :wink:

Any routine that is reference by a transform is trumped by that transform's definition and thus only shows up in that list. You'll need to check under the 'DS Transforms' link instead when trying to use it in a job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is also a bug is some specific 7.5 versions (maybe 7.1 as well) that prevents traversal of the tree structure for more than two levels.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

could not find [b]DateGenericToTimeStamp[/b]

Post by hsahay »

chulett wrote:Not strange at all. :wink:

Any routine that is reference by a transform is trumped by that transform's definition and thus only shows up in that list. You'll need to check under the 'DS Transforms' link instead when trying to use it in a job.
Thanks craig, i was able to find DateGenericToTimeStamp in DStransform .

But the problem is we are using DateTimeStampToOraOCIWithTime(DateGenericToTimeStamp(sysDate(1))) expression for create_Date.

This expression is working fine in qa environment, but is not working in the same job which is imported from qa1 environment into qa2 environment.

What can be the reason?

Thanks in advance for help
vishal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... first thing would be a better idea of what "not working" means - error? warnings? odd results? Specific examples would probably be helpful as well.

What is "sysDate", something custom? Are you certain that exists in your other environments?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Craig,

My problem is resolved. sysdate was a custom routine.We have not included read only objects while exporting from other environment which is protected environment.so the sysdate routine was missing in the new environment

Now we have included readonly objects in the export and hence we got custom routines in the import in the new environment..so everything is working fine now.

Thanks for help. i am marking this thread as resolved.
vishal