SQL Server 2005 Connection Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pksahu
Participant

SQL Server 2005 Connection Error

Post by pksahu »

Hi All,
I am trying to connect SQL Server 2005 from DataSatge server. But I am not able to connect and giving the below error:

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('SRDNAVEEN','sa')):
BCI Error:SQLSTATE=77,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC]523 76

I have added 'SRDNAVEEN' as ODBS string and added in odbc.ini (in /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc), and uvodbc.config and odbc.ini (in path /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine)

Can you please help me what should I do to solve the problem?

Regards,
Pksahu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nothing needs editing in the 'branded' directory. Plus you need to edit the uvodbc.config file in each Project directory you want to leverage the connection from.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pksahu
Participant

Post by pksahu »

Thanks Craig.
I added the ODBC connection string in the Project dorectory now. Sitll I am getting the same problem.

The mesage is
"DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('SRDNAVEEN','sa')): BCI Error:SQLSTATE=77,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC]523 76"

Is there any other setup required for this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Pksahu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Problem is I have no idea what "BCI Error:SQLSTATE=77,CODE=0" denotes. Perhaps it would help if you posted your driver entry details.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The token GET.DSNINFO suggests that DataStage is having a problem finding the DSN named in your job. Is the DSN properly configured and is the DSN properly recorded in the uvodbc.config file for the project?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.