Abnormal Termination of Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajendharreddy
Participant

Abnormal Termination of Stage

Post by rajendharreddy »

Hi,

I am trying to run a job but this is aborting with error in the log "Abnormal termination of stage ********** detected.

I reset the job and see the same error without much help.

Error: "Abnormal termination of stage LoadsCausalStageSchema..Xfm detected"

Job Design: Iam loading data from a sequential file to DB2 Stage and there are 5 records only. The table has 2 columns. There is a transformer stage in between but not transformation is done.

This job runs fine in dev project but is failing in qa project. Both dev and qa are on the same box with just project name being different.

Any help on this is much apprecited.

Thanks

Rajendhar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please post the full and complete error message, that also contains the text describing why the stage aborted. Without that we would just be guessing.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And when you Reset the aborted job, is there a "From previous run..." log entry added? If so, post the contents of it as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

Hi

whenever I was facing this problem i used to compile the job and rerun it.

It was working fine.

I think this is due to no. of process running at the backend or if the server is busy with the existing processes.
I am not sure about what i think, since
I am also eager to know why this error is occured.

you can have a try for rerun the job.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

pxraja wrote: whenever I was facing this problem i used to compile the job and rerun it.
It was working fine.
Usually, the jobs run as part of, say, a daily schedule and it is always a pain-in-the-neck task to see when it aborts, reset/compile it and re-run it.
pxraja wrote: I think this is due to no. of process running at the backend or if the server is busy with the existing processes.
I am not sure about what i think, since
I am also eager to know why this error is occured.

you can have a try for rerun the job.
As Craig noted, there might be many reasons and most often than not, it will be documented as soon as the job is re-set. Occasionally, there might be just the "Abnormal termination..." error without any log posted and this is what I encountered in my previous shop. In the end, we contacted IBM and after much deliberation on their side, the uvconfig file was edited and the T30FILE size as well as RLTABSZ and GLTABSZ were increased as per IBM's recommendation.
BEWARE: Modifying these settings could extremely dangerous especially if we are unsure of what we are doing.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted