Change Oracle port number.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mmallory
Premium Member
Premium Member

Change Oracle port number.

Post by mmallory »

Hi,

We installed Infosphere using the default oracle port of 1521 for our repository database. Now we need to change it. I have scoured the internet and can not find any instructions on how to do so. Does anyone have instructions on how to get this done?

We simply tried changing the client tnsnames.ora file after updating the db server with the new port, but it didn't work. There are many many references to 1521 in various files throughout the installation. Do I need to re-install???
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that you would be best served to reinstall. A reinstallation would take just a couple of hours versus a lengthier period of discovery and any unknown error(s) in the future will attributed to the port change and you'll end up reinstalling anyway.
mmallory
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mmallory »

I got a good answer from IBM. These changes worked: 1. stop websphere 2. update the port number in \IBM\InformationServer\ASBServer\apps\lib\ojb-conf.jar/repository_database.xml 3. update the port in \IBM\InformationServer\ASBServer\bin\sql\database.properties 4. start websphere 5. update all database ports under JDBC Providers in the WebSphere Application Server administrative console
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Well, that's exactly the same procedure for relocating the xmeta repository.