Oracle DB plugins not working in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikrishna
Participant

Oracle DB plugins not working in Datastage

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

Suddenly in our production, we faced the following problem.

All the database stages, i.e. Oracle stages not working and not connecting to the DB to get data or call procs.

To verify this, i have designed simple job, which pulls one row and writes to a file, even this job is also not working.

Here not working means, the job is not coming out of the 'running' state forever.

Even I did the "View Data" option in the oracle DB stage. dont understand what is the problem. Can you please help me here.

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you import a table definition from Oracle? If not, get your DBA to check your connectivity from the DataStage server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Hi Ray..

The import table definition also not working..
But i could connect to oracle from the linux host server where DS installed..

I tried "Rebuild Indexes" from DS Administrator.

And restarted DS Server..

But shockingly after the restart, all my DS jobs in the projects are unvisible,...I could not see any jobs...

Can you please help me out.. looks a serious issue.....

Thanks
Sai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't "rebuild indexes" unless A) you actually need to and B) you understand how to do it. All of the jobs being "gone" is a result of running it when others are connected. So...

:!: Make sure there are zero other connections - clients, running jobs, defunct connections, nothing - and then rerun it. You'll know you've done it correctly when all your jobs come back to visibility.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Hey chullet

I made it wrong...
What could be the solution now.. As it is production.
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Thanks Chullet.. I got it.. It is working fine ..when I rebuild it... Thank you.. I didnt follow your note correctly..

Coming back to the main thread issue, whats the reason behind "not able to connect to db from datastage"

Thank you and Thanks a lot
Sai
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

Can you please help me in resolving DB connectivity problem from DataStage..

Thanks
Sai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Silly things like life and my work got in the way.

You need to find out what changed. Obviously something did. Talk to your DBA and see if any Oracle changes were made. You said "even I did the View Data option" but did say what the result was - an error? It works? What? You also said you could connect to Oracle from the DS server - connect how? Do you mean via sqlplus? Something else?

Verify where your $ORACLE_HOME variable points and that your 'dsenv' file still has what it needs there for Oracle connectivity.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers