DSD.BCIPut call to OCONV failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxraja
Participant

DSD.BCIPut call to OCONV failed

Post by pxraja »

Hi all,

I am getting following warnings and following that 4 records are not passed to the target. Could any one suggest on, how to avoid the mentioned warnings.

below are the warning for one of the record.

Transformer_2.DSLink4: DSD.BCIPut call to OCONV failed.
Column: PARAMDESC1, NLS mapname: ISO8859-1, Column data (after conversion): ??, Column data (in hex, before conversion) E4B8ADE59BBD

thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What character set is your target table defined in? You will need to check each character, find the corresponding character in ISO8859-1 and see if it can be represented in your target character set.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSD.BCIPut only invokes OCONV for date and time data types, so I'd start by looking there.

And DO do something about naming stages and links meaningfully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

Hi ray & andrew,

thanks for your reply, but the field is not a date field. It is Location having value like "Janakpuri"

I had used conver(".","",Oconv(inputfieldname,MCP)) and after passing inputfieldname alone without using any conversion and added one reject sequential file. I am still getting warnings like below and I have rejected records.

ds_nlsmap() - BCI NLS input mapping error, row 142897, column Location
data 'District Centre?Janakpuri'
external 44697374726963742043656E747265A04A616E616B70757269

data type in target is VARCHAR2(255) null values are also accepted.

Also i have used NLS as NONE in both ODBC stages (i/p from SQLSERVER and o/p to ORACLE)

I need to insert all the records, any ideas would be helpful.

thanks in advance
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

some spelling mistake in the code

Convert(".", "", Oconv(inputlinkname, "MCP"))
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... these errors come when you try to write to Oracle? You need to answer the NLS question - what is the NLS_LANG setting for your Oracle database?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The character between Centre and Janakpuri is 0xA0 (Char(160)). Check your source data to determine whether this actually occurs there. And do check the NLS_LANG setting for Oracle.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

ray.wurlod wrote:The character between Centre and Janakpuri is 0xA0 (Char(160)). Check your source data to determine whether this actually occurs there. And do check the NLS_LANG setting for Oracle. ...
I had checked in the source system its proper "Janakpuri" is present, no special character,

also i had checked the nls_language in oracle its 'AMERICAN'.

even i tried to give nls parameter as none but its throwing same warnings and the records are rejected.

please give any clues to rectify this error.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could this be a "hard space" character from a Word document or similar?
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

ray.wurlod wrote:Could this be a "hard space" character from a Word document or similar? ...
I had copied from director logs and pasted,

did you mean to say that '?' is present in the source which is not accepted varchar type?

when i am searching for 'district centre ? Janakpuri' in the odbc. It is throwing same warnings....

Is that indicates ''district centre ? Janakpuri' is present in the source which is not valid ?

any other information is required?