Is any way we can retrieve the "Part Num" of Datas

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hailun
Participant

Is any way we can retrieve the "Part Num" of Datas

Post by hailun »

Hi,
could any one help get the part num information of datastage software,
to explain what the software means,i am glad to give one example

We have DataStage 7.5.1 A AIX English US(C86RENA) with the part num C86RENA ,and we will get it installed on one aix box.
And after that,is there any way for us to retrieve the part num information from datastage server(some command or log files) or from datastage clients?

Thanks in advance....
Let's Progress Together....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not at a DS installation to check, but I'm really not sure what that part num refers to. Could it be the project name that you are referring to? Did you assign this part num yourself during installation?
hailun
Participant

Post by hailun »

thank you for kindly reply firstly,but I can not view your article completely,
I am glad to answer the question in the valiable part to me,the part num here refers to "Identification Card" to some extent as I know,
ArndW wrote:I'm not at a DS installation to check, but I'm really not sure what that part num refers to. Could it be the project name that you are referring to? Did you assign this part num yourself during insta ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm afraid I'll have to pass, as I don't know what an "Identification Card" is with reference to DataStage. Could it be your UNIX server name?
hailun
Participant

Post by hailun »

Thank you for prmpt reply,ArndW ^..^

As shown in "DataStage 7.5.1A AIX OEM English US(C86RMNA)",the "C86MNA" is the part num to "DataStage 7.5.1A AIX OEM English US",it has nothing to do with the AIX server,it is one "Identification Card" allocated by the Producer(IBM),in the futrue if we need another exactly same copy
,just providing the "part num" to IBM will help you achieve the goal.

I was informed of this eleboration by IBM and I have to find the "Part Num" thru some server commands if any,,

Any one could provide kindly advice for this.....
..................................................................................................
ArndW wrote:I'm afraid I'll have to pass, as I don't know what an "Identification Card" is with reference to DataStage. Could it be your UNIX server name? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't know any way to retrieve the part number from DataStage software. Maybe there's a hidden file in DSEngine directory. Ask IBM through your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is there any reason to believe that this internal IBM part number is even stored in the engine / software somewhere? I can't see why it would be. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The part numbers typically are only tied to licensing.

I doubt you'll get much assistance from IBM or from this forum, as both will avoid giving responses that may be interpreted as assistance in an attempt at decoding the licensing in any way.

In the event that you are trying to resolve a legitimate issue, you might try to post what you are trying to accomplish - we might be able to suggest an alternative method to resolve a legitimate issue.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020