How to ignore warning......in sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sagar deshmukh
Participant

How to ignore warning......in sequencer

Post by sagar deshmukh »

ETL job receives 2 files (or 1 file) and inserts into PeopleSoft Staging table.

Whenever we receive 1 file the ETL job finishes but with warning message saying that another file was not found.

MetlifeBillSeq..JobControl (DSWaitForFile): Timed out after 00:00:05 while checking file '/BOSS/PXWork_12/staging/IBA032/BLOCKBUST_WK_BILL.DAT'

Due to this warning message TWS job is aborting and not able to trigger successive jobs.

we have used wait for file activity stage..it has time out set as 00:00:05...

can you please let me know how to eliminate the warning ...or how to make the job sucessfull
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't eliminate it. The activity expired its given timeout period and has to alert you of that fact. Emplace an explicit Failure trigger on the WaitForFile activity to handle the situation, but you can't eliminate the warning. You can, however, use a local message handler to demote its severity to informational if that's really what you want. I'd be thinking very hard about whether that is true, if I were you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

if we supress this warning for this job will it help?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I thought "message handlers" could only be used in Parallel jobs. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

we have message handler available in sever also.... but documents speaks only about parallel....anybody have idea? :idea: